Supporting the British Canoeing Awarding Body Coach Award, this elearning can also be purchased separately as standalone CPD.
The 6-module Coach Award elearning focuses on both the learner and the coach. It covers planning, decision making and feedback, as well as the learning environment, coaching methods and coaching philosophy.
This eLearning can be purchased as standalone CPD, worth 20 points, or access is included free if you register for the BCAB Coach Award Qualification with your Delivery Centre.
For those completing the Coach Award Qualification, this elearning is compulsory and must be completed before assessment.
The Coach Award eLearning includes modules on:
- Roles and Responsibilities, including Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in our coaching, and paddler welfare.
- Coaching Individuals, including stages of learning and creating an optimum learning environment
- You as a Coach, including coaching philosophy, methods and reflective practice
- Getting it Right, including monitoring learners, decision making and feedback
- Structuring Coaching Sessions, including session planning and Games with Aims
There is also a final knowledge check module covering topics from all modules.