The British Canoeing Awarding Body Introduction to Paddle-Ability workshop has been developed for anyone who would like to develop their understanding of working with paddlers with a disability and how they can use adaptations to participate in a full range of paddlesport opportunities.
Introduction to Paddle-Ability Overview
Module open to all ages
To view the associated documents with this course, click here
No registration required
Learning Outcomes and Course Structure
This classroom-based workshop covers the following themes through a range of media, group work and exploration activities, to help participants:
- Develop an understanding around the challenges faced by people with a disability in terms of accessing sport.
- Develop an understanding of how our sport can be made more appealing to paddlers with a disability.
- Develop an understanding of how to adapt communication media to make it more accessible to people with a range of different impairments.
- Understand how different impairments affect people and how to use different communication techniques to include people with a disability in paddlesport activities.
- Consider how different craft, paddles and equipment can be used to make paddlesport activities more accessible to people with disabilities.
- Consider how to plan sessions for people with a disability.
Participants should be prepared to participate in activities as part of this course. The Introduction to Paddle-Ability workshop is an attendance course and there is no formal assessment.
On completion of the Introduction to Paddle-Ability workshop, the course provider will submit successful participants for certification. Your Delivery Centre will then issue an attendance certificate.
Find an Introduction to Paddle-Ability Course
To find a course in your area, visit your Delivery Centre website by clicking the relevant logo at the bottom of this page.