The British Canoeing Awarding Body Coaching Young Paddlers Foundation Module has been introduced in recognition of the hundreds of thousands of young people who are instructed by British Canoeing Awarding Body coaches every year and the importance of providing the best support and help to meet their needs.
Coaching Young Paddlers Overview
Aimed at Instructors, Coaches and Leaders
To view the associated documents with this course, click here.
No registration required
This Module is designed to help coaches who may work with young people aiming at Olympic success or those providing someone’s very first experience in paddlesport.
It aims to help coaches deliver sessions in a way that meet young paddlers’ needs, so that they want to come back for more and that they help young paddlers to be the best they can be, whatever their ability or aspirations.
Course Content and Structure
By the end of this workshop, participants should have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- Describe the benefits of adapting practice and behaviour to meet the needs of young people
- Plan and deliver coaching sessions to maximize learning and enjoyment
- Recognise young people’s needs based on their physical, social and psychological development
- Recognise the diversity of paddlesport and the benefits to young people
- List Home Nation Association youth initiatives and have discussed methods and issues relating to implementation at their club/centre
- Apply good practice when coaching young people
Participants should be prepared to participate in practical activities as part of this course. The ‘Coaching Young Paddlers’ Foundation Module is an attendance course and there is no formal assessment.
On completion of the ‘Coaching Young Paddlers’ Foundation Module, the course provider will submit successful participants for certification. Your Delivery Centre will then issue an attendance certificate.
Finding a Coaching Young Paddlers Course
To find a course in your area, visit your Delivery Centre website by clicking the relevant logo at the bottom of this page.