BCAB has been provided with the Water Skills Academy (WSA) SUP Instructor documentation allowing us to carry out a detailed and comprehensive mapping exercise, ensuring we are able to offer a robust and reasonable transfer pathway in gaining a regulated qualification.
For those certificated by the WSA for either the Foundation SUP Instructor or SUP Instructor and want to gain the regulated qualification BCAB Stand Up Paddleboard Instructor, we have identified the following pathway:
Pre – requisites:
- Recorded evidence of either certification and uploaded onto the relevant Delivery Centre database
- National Association Membership
- Evidence of completing the BCAB Instructor eLearning
- Attend a practical assessment (approx 90 minutes) covering: Personal Paddling Skills 2.1 – 2.6 andRescue Skills 3.1 – 3.5, within the BCAB Level 1 SUP Instructor Assessment Guidance document
- Formal session delivered to cover the remit, environmental and deployment considerations of the BCAB Level 1 SUP Instructor, page 6 of the Course Guide
A BCAB Learner Development Pack has been designed to help reflect on current skills and knowledge received from a WSA SUP Instructor course aimed to help identify areas that would benefit from further development.
It also provides advice on deployer’s responsibilities, as well as opportunities for continual development.
For anyone wanting more information on the WSA Transfer pathway contact the relevant National Association:
England and International – [email protected]
Scotland – [email protected]
Wales – [email protected]
Northern Ireland – [email protected]